Just last Wednesday, we went to a Kings game, only to get informed it was being cancelled when it was supposed to start. It was unbelievable. Most people were just sitting down in their seats with food and drinks only to find out there would be no game. We’d been hearing there is thing Coronavirus going around due to kids not being allowed to go to school, but this was the first day it really started hitting home.
Then the weekend came and I started learning events were getting cancelled to avoid spreading the virus. And people started buying all the toilet paper in mass hysteria. I had to take my car into the shop and new it would be expensive to get fixed, so I was fine with staying home and saving money. Plus, it also decided to act like Winter again, which I wasn’t expecting because it was already getting hot outside.
Bars started closing, and little by little, I started hearing about other businesses closing. Cafes and restaurants only making food for take out. I was reading things on social media about paranoia, but also a lot of memes. Only some of the memes were funny. Some people feel others are blowing things out of proportion, some are scared. I feel like actions made in a paranoid state have caused more of a ruckus than necessary. I think the overspending and hoarding might be a bit much, but of course if time proves it was the right thing to do, I will learn I was wrong. It’s too early to tell now and it’s making everyone a little anxious. And then gyms started closing, so there went that.
But I went to work Monday and there was a meeting that hours will be cut. Certain businesses are closing, there was talk about “staying in place”, and managers anticipate sales will drop. So I only worked five hours the next day. Yesterday I worked seven hours and there was only four of us there. I got all my work done in five hours today and left afterwards. I am lucky I get to go in at all because most of the other people that work there aren’t able to come in. I found out work is going to be closed tomorrow because Fedex isn’t stopping by to pick up any deliveries, so I am getting a three day weekend.
Currently, everyone is supposed to be staying indoors unless they have “essential” things to do, like going to work, going to the store, going to the doctor, stuff like that. We’ve been staying indoors all week after work. I don’t want to risk getting sick because I will lose work, and I’m not trying to do that. As much as I would like to spend three days off doing things like going to the gym or checking out some nature, I will be staying indoors. I originally had events I was supposed to go to this weekend, but everything got cancelled. I do like amusing myself indoors, so I am going to make the best of it.
Let’s see, indoor things:
- I can tend to my plants. I have squash seeds I never planted because the weather has been weird. I know March is almost over. I can look over my houseplants and see if any of them need to be re-potted.
- There’s a shit ton of drawing, painting, or crafting I can be doing. I am sure I could fill in all three days off with that alone, but I won’t. But I can invest some of my time in that, for sure.
- Photography. Yes, I can play with my camera. Digital, film. I cam do it. I’d really like to do some film and develop it. The lighting in the house isn’t great. I can go in the front yard or the back yard. But what to take a picture of? Hmm. Maybe I can sucker my boyfriend into modeling something weird for me.
- Video games. It’s been a while since I’ve dabbled in that. I’ve wanted to revisit Final Fantasy 9, but I never finished Legend of Dragoon. I probably won’t play video games because I will just lay in bed all day and night.
- Exercise. I can’t go to the gym, but I can do my own workouts. But…there’s not much space. Plus there are dogs, and my cat won’t stop demanding attention unless he is sleeping. The back yard isn’t a good idea, dog shit city. Maybe I can go for a run in the neighborhood. I’ll figure something out. I did some dumbbell workouts when I got home today.
- Reading! I have a book I need to finish that I have been lagging on. I kinda just want to set it to the side and start another book. I’ve been listening to Elizabeth George Inspector Lynley novel audio books, but that is a whole blog topic on it’s own.
- Clean my room and get rid of things. I still need to get rid of more things I don’t use that take up space I need.
- Fill out postcards. I have stamps and friends to send my postcards to.
That’s all I can think of for now and it’s hard to type because my cat is demanding attention now and my laptop is in the way. I guess lets see how this weekend goes with this whole quarantine and virus shit. I want a normal work week.